Friday, March 31, 2006

The Wall

Both Kansas and Pink Floyd had famous art-rock albums or songs about running into a very real wall. A wall can impede you on your journey; it can keep others away from you or keep you away from God.

This barrier is so real on one's spiritual journey that getting past it becomes a matter of life and death.

THE WALL

I'm woven in a fantasy I can't believe the things I see

The path that I have chose now has led me to a wall and with each passing day I feel a little more like something dear was lost

It rises now before me

The dark and silent barrier between

All I am and all that I would ever want to be

It's just a travesty

Towering, marking off the boundaries my spirit would erase

To pass beyond is what I seek I fear that I may be too weak

And those are few who've seen it through

To glimpse the other side

The promised land is waiting

Like a maiden that is soon to be a bride

The moment is a masterpiece

The weight of indecision in the air

Standing there

Symbol and the sum of all that's me

It's just a travesty

Towering, blocking out the light and blinding me

I wanna see

Gold and diamonds cast your spell

It's not for me I know it well

The riches that I seek are waiting on the other side

There's more that I can measure with the treasures of the love that I can find

And though it's always been with me I must tear down the wall and let it be

All I am and all that I was ever meant to be

In harmony

Shining True

And smiling back at all who wait to cross

There is no loss

- Kansas - The Wall


Posted by Picasa

No comments: