Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Warehouse Blues

Something I don't completely understand is why people want to stay on in a warehouse job even though they know the job will be ending and they must find something else.

I would submit to you that one reason is that we have tried very hard to build a family feel into our work and we have really tried to care about each other.

We felt like we had grown the business to the size where it would continue on for years and we wanted people who would come and stay for a while to be part of the team.

I think that we will all feel like we were part of a successful team even though they're going to shut us down this fall. We know we did the best we could and we didn't fail at what we did. We grew the business and made money.

My true feeling is that they are taking a perfectly good horse out back of the barn and shooting it.

I won't let my emotions run away with this. I know God has a reason for this that I don't fully understand now. I will trust Him that all will work out for the best in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was part of that family from 95-2001 and am very sad to see it go. This is definitely not the vision the Chadwells had for this company when they started it. It is interesting to see how companies are sold "for the best interest of the company and it's people." As much as a publicly traded company wants to portray themselves as a employer of choice they will never be able to compete with the enviroment of a private company that is built on a good foundation and truly creates a family of workers that come together and can accomplish great things. A private company can provide unmatched levels of customer service. Unfortunately it is appearing through many industries that "customer service" is just a weak front and that customer service may truly be dead. To Rev.Mitchell, Bama Larry, Papa Earl, Oliver "the lawn man", Chris "Red" Alexander, T-bone, Captain Carl, and all the rest good luck and God Bless!