Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Time Flies

The hands on the watch go round and round and I know I am trying again to be the master of the obvious, but we cannot stop time and it only goes forward, not backward. When our time is up we return to dust, but Solomon says the spirit within us returns to God who gave it.

Prepare to meet your maker. I have to - you have to.

One time I was becoming serious and philosophical on another site and got a comment from a reader who said I had a "Yoda thing going on." I know it is possible to take yourself too seriously, but I am not taking myself seriously, I am taking life and death seriously. One of my favorite Bob Dylan quotes is when he says, "I live in another world, where life and death are memorized." That's how I feel. I have looked at all of this and it is serious business.

I know there is a time to laugh and have fun and I try to do that, but we have one entire lifetime to realize we need God and we must come to him during that one life we have.

Don't come to the end of your life without searching for God.

No comments: